We cordially invite you to attend the 2018 International Hackathon and Symposium on Construction and Robotics (ISARC). The Hackathon and ISARC 2018 will conjointly take place in Berlin, Germany, 20-25 July 2018. ISARC offers a unique program, comprising of state-of-the-art research and practices in construction including civil and building construction engineering and management, 3D reality capture (laser scanning, drones), augmented/virtual reality (AR/VR), building information modeling (BIM), machine automation, robotic applications to construction, internet-of-things (IoT), supply chain management, modularization, wearable and connected devises and many more fields.
Hackathon: July 20-22, 2018 at the TU Berlin
ISARC: July 22-25, 2018 at the Maritim proArte Hotel conference center
We welcome quality submissions from academia and from industry on all areas of automation, robotics, sensing, computing, lean in the broader Architecture, Engineering, Construction, and Facilities Management (AEC/FM) industry. ISARC 2018 uses a simple submission system and peer-review stage. Attendance without contributing a paper to the proceedings is possible.
Aside cutting-edge demonstrations of technology and technical tours, ISARC 2018 is host of the first International Hackathon in AEC/FM held conjointly with an ISARC, The Hackathon will focus on strategic themes of major interest to our industry:
- Automation and robotics applications to construction (e.g., 3D printing)
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Lean Construction Management (LCM)
- Internet-of-Things (IoT, incl. sensors, cloud platform, and apps),
The ISARC 2018 further brings together leaders from construction companies and software vendors, from design firms and academia, both experts and those just beginning their automation and robotic, BIM, Lean, IoT journeys. It provides exceptional learning and exchange values for a diverse audience including leaders in academic research, industry practice or start-ups, and to those individuals with novel ideas.
The ISARC 2018 value proposition for researchers and industry stems from the topics it presents. ISARC 2018 provides the following additional benefits:
- Network among peers in academia and industry.
- Listen to invited keynotes and plenary sessions (per invitation only and based on scientific merit),
- Invited panel discussion on the future of automation and robotics construction “Today, in 2025, and beyond”,
- Best paper prizes in several award categories (academic and industry),
- Rigorous review process and fast track recommendations of selected and highly ranked papers for publication in special issues of related and highly ranked international journals (ViE, AdVEI, AiC),
- Open access proceedings, and
- DOI numbers for every paper.
With your support and participation, we will make ISARC 2018 successful and remarkable! More importantly, you cannot miss the chance to explore and discover the capital of Germany, Berlin and its cultural as well as touristic highlights it is known of in the world.
We look forward to seeing you in Berlin!
Jochen Teizer, Markus König, and Timo Hartmann (ISARC 2018 Hackathon General Chairs)