More details to follow very soon. Registration to open in February 2018.
Advantages for the participants of a Hackathon
Connect with experts: We will have a selection of the top developers and industry professionals at the event.
Hands-on learning: To equip you with the skills to apply worfklows during the hackathon we have organized dedicated dev prep workshops free of charge.
Test out new technologies: We will have plenty of interesting new software and hardware solutions, robots, 3D printers, drones, AR/VR-glasses, which you can try out first hand.
Tentative topics and example workshops to be offered
- Automation and Robotics: 3D printing in the AEC/FM domain with robots
- Collaboration and learning: Augmented and virtual reality (AR/VR)
- Lean construction, project management and occupational safety and health: Wearable IoT-enabled devices and software (i.e., body motion, eye-tracking, real-time alert technology)
- Building and infrastructure planning processes and methods: Building information modeling (BIM)
- Sensing and Control: GNSS, drones/UAVs, LoRa, automated machine guidance and control
Tentative program for Intl. AEC/FM Hackathon
- Opening keynote
- Worshops (select one)
- Team building and announcements
- Hacking (for 2 days and nights, as you like)
- Presentations and demonstrations by industry
- Final hackathon team presentations
- Awards and closing (ISARC 2018 then starts)
Definition of “Hackathon” (in part adapted from Wikipedia)
A hackathon (also known as a hack day or weekend, hackfest or codefest) is a design sprint-like event in which computer programmers and others involved in hard- and software development, including engineers, architects, graphic designers, interface designers, project managers, and others, often including subject-matter-experts, collaborate intensively on protoype or research projects.
The goal of a hackathon is to create usable hard- or software. Hackathons tend to have a specific focus, which can include sensors, robots, or programming language used, the operating system, an application, an API, or the subject and the demographic group of the researchers and developers. In other cases, there is no restriction on the type of product being created.
World known subject matter experts from industry are often present during a hackathon to quikly assist or resolve upcoming questions.
A hackthon ends normally with an informal style of presentation of each team to everyone involved in the Hackathon. Awards will be given to outstanding work.
More details: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackathon